Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A camera for simultaneously taking two photographs of the same thing from adjacent viewpoints, so that they will form a stereoscopic pair.
- ‘My real question was whether or not making electronic files of surface contours from two stereocameras was commonplace.’
- ‘He loves taking 3D photos and has more stereocameras than a human should be allowed to own.’
- ‘It might help to tell that this float value is planned to carry the separation of two stereocameras.’
- ‘The samples were photographed with the close-up stereocamera to record the degradation of optical properties after the samples were covered with dust.’
- ‘Time-lapse instrumentation on the tripod will include a stereocamera and various physical sensors.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.