Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A function that increases or decreases abruptly from one constant value to another.
- ‘It is advisable to represent the S function as a step function.’
- ‘However, again there are thresholds where the value of the change is a step function.’
- ‘The time to treatment morbidity and survival were plotted as a step function.’
- ‘Different treatments have considered a quadratic function, an exponential quadratic function, or a step function.’
- ‘For a function as elementary as this, a simple step function can be used.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.