One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person's voice) loud and powerful.‘he let out a great, stentorious laugh’
- ‘But Alterman's poem, as stentorious as it might be, initiated the modern exploration of the terrain of war.’
- ‘As Art Arlet used to announce in that stentorious voice over the loud speaker at Memorial Stadium, “It's a great day for California.”’
- ‘He is indisputably one of the world's leading dramatic tenors, known for his unrivaled stentorious voice.’
- ‘Jennifer flinched from Kincaid's stentorious voice.’
- ‘Tim also did the prompting, which was not always stentorious, but well understood.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.