One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a person's voice) loud and powerful.‘he let out a great, stentorious laugh’
- ‘He is indisputably one of the world's leading dramatic tenors, known for his unrivaled stentorious voice.’
- ‘Tim also did the prompting, which was not always stentorious, but well understood.’
- ‘Jennifer flinched from Kincaid's stentorious voice.’
- ‘As Art Arlet used to announce in that stentorious voice over the loud speaker at Memorial Stadium, “It's a great day for California.”’
- ‘But Alterman's poem, as stentorious as it might be, initiated the modern exploration of the terrain of war.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.