One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There should be a full stenographic record of the hearing available to the parties concerned.’
- ‘The paper encourages reporters to incorporate analysis into their reporting rather than compose a stenographic procession of facts, quotations, and official denials, allowing it in many cases to get closer to the truth than its rivals.’
- ‘This stenographic reliance on official sources is not in keeping with independent journalism.’
- ‘Sales included a rare first edition of Sir Isaac's stenographic shorthand from 1837, which fetched £763 and a £2,115 manuscript volume of his correspondence in shorthand between 1839 and 1843.’
- ‘More insidious than the numerous hothead pundits are the far more numerous reporters who can't stop providing stenographic services to official sources under the guise of journalism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.