One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- trademark for trifluoperazine
- ‘My already damaged self-image had plummeted to an unrecognizable depth, and the heavy doses of Thorazine and Stelazine made me feel like I was walking in slow-motion under water.’
- ‘In December 1962, after Jacqueline Kennedy complained that he seemed ‘depressed’ from taking antihistamines for food allergies, he took a prescribed antianxiety drug, Stelazine, for two days.’
- ‘One of my patients vehemently opposed taking Stelazine.’
- ‘But at times I also took Risperadone, Stelazine and Olanzapine.’
- ‘Eventually, her doctor, who was not advised of the assaults, prescribed a drug, Stelazine, for her for ‘a nervous stomach’ which she takes to this day.’
1950s: of unknown origin.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.