One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or skill of steering a ship or boat.
helmsmanship, seamanship, map-reading, chart-reading, wayfindingView synonyms
- ‘The captain and pilot were pleased to instruct him in all the art and mystery of steersmanship.’
- ‘Yet despite their air of expert steersmanship, those at the helm never fully appreciated the implications of what they were doing.’
- ‘The Greeks developed the concept of steersmanship.’
- ‘He does not rely on steersmanship to suffer the storm and come through it.’
- ‘The race was won by steersmanship and steersmanship alone!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.