One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action or skill of steering a ship or boat.
helmsmanship, seamanship, map-reading, chart-reading, wayfindingView synonyms
- ‘The Greeks developed the concept of steersmanship.’
- ‘He does not rely on steersmanship to suffer the storm and come through it.’
- ‘The race was won by steersmanship and steersmanship alone!’
- ‘Yet despite their air of expert steersmanship, those at the helm never fully appreciated the implications of what they were doing.’
- ‘The captain and pilot were pleased to instruct him in all the art and mystery of steersmanship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.