- another term for softshell clam
- ‘Add the steamer clams, Manila clams, water, and cinnamon sticks, cover, and simmer until the shells open.’
- ‘Most steamer clams come from the bays and coasts off Oregon and Washington.’
- ‘Farther north, stop at the oyster company's unpretentious sales shack were local shrimp supplement the steamer clams, crabs, and fresh or smoked oysters that are year-round staples.’
- ‘Remove the steamer clams and set aside, keeping warm.’
- ‘Place the steamer clams and fried hamaguri around the plate and garnish with the tarragon sprigs.’
- ‘Massachusetts state aquaculture coordinator Scott Soares said steamer clam aquaculture north of Boston ‘is a direct result of’ efforts at Cat Cove.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.