Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for softshell clam
- ‘Farther north, stop at the oyster company's unpretentious sales shack were local shrimp supplement the steamer clams, crabs, and fresh or smoked oysters that are year-round staples.’
- ‘Massachusetts state aquaculture coordinator Scott Soares said steamer clam aquaculture north of Boston ‘is a direct result of’ efforts at Cat Cove.’
- ‘Most steamer clams come from the bays and coasts off Oregon and Washington.’
- ‘Remove the steamer clams and set aside, keeping warm.’
- ‘Place the steamer clams and fried hamaguri around the plate and garnish with the tarragon sprigs.’
- ‘Add the steamer clams, Manila clams, water, and cinnamon sticks, cover, and simmer until the shells open.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.