One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A train that is powered by a steam engine.
- ‘There is something magical about a steam train powering its way across the grand Yorkshire landscape.’
- ‘The steam train pulled up on the other side of the crossing as they wouldn't fit on the other side of the road.’
- ‘As the electric train collided with the steam train Mr Cooper was sitting near the front of the first class coach.’
- ‘It's a magical sound - like a steam train getting up power - that always brings me out in goose pimples, however hot it is - the sound of true wilderness.’
- ‘It is strongly rumoured that he will take to the footplate and drive the steam train for part of the way along the route, which will stop at Kirkby Stephen and Appleby Stations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.