One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See stealin combination ‘a sheep-stealer’
- ‘There is a ‘black sheep’ website offering a shortcut to people who want to trace their descent from a highwayman, cattle stealer or convict.’
- ‘That journal is nothing but a bunch of copyright stealers, plagiarists and intellectual thieves.’
- ‘A Irish Times journalist claims that they are descended from the remnants of sheep stealers who resided in the Slieve Blooms in hiding from the forces of Queen Elizabeth I.’
- ‘They were traditionally viewed as inspirational artists, musicians, and dancers - and as thieves, horse stealers, and witches.’
- ‘Well, clouded in mystery, always hiding the secrets of royalties, politicians and priceless wine stealers, Evksinograd still is one of the pearls at the Bulgarian Black Sea coast.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.