One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A knife with a serrated blade for use when eating steak.
- ‘She fended me off with a steak knife, Whenever I'd thrust, she'd parry.’
- ‘But you do have to eat smarter when you put the steak knife away.’
- ‘I got out some pliers, a screwdriver, and a steak knife I took from a restaurant while I was a dishwasher.’
- ‘And then she saw her steak knife, which was still on the tray to which her lunch had been on earlier.’
- ‘When they caught him, they found he was again in possession of a small amount of cannabis and was carrying a steak knife.’
- ‘‘Here,’ Jennifer answered softly, putting the steak knife back down on the table and stepping out of the kitchen.’
- ‘I didn't turn my back on his steak knife all through lunch.’
- ‘The only thing that stopped his rampage was when Osborn stabbed him, fatally, with a steak knife.’
- ‘The man was subdued by pepper spray and was found to be carrying a steak knife and some kind of religious book.’
- ‘Detectives were today hunting a vicious gang who held a steak knife to a teenager's throat before robbing him.’
- ‘I grabbed hold of his leg and picked up a steak knife that I had used for supper the night before and stabbed him in the back of the leg.’
- ‘It is alleged she stabbed Mr Barber with a steak knife during an argument on Saturday night.’
- ‘Other building residents testified about finding a bloodied steak knife the next day that had been partly hidden under a clothes dryer in the building's laundry room.’
- ‘An accident with a steak knife saw him cutting into his middle finger and nearly losing the end of a thumb.’
- ‘He opens the drawer, grabs a steak knife, and cuts the plastic seal from the pizza and throws it into the trashcan.’
- ‘His shop is closed on Wednesday, but on Thursday he was back at the hospital casualty department after dropping a steak knife that cut his shin to the bone.’
- ‘Smith stabbed himself in the heart with a steak knife.’
- ‘He smiled and tossed the steak knife onto the side-table.’
- ‘He waved a steak knife and demanded she hand over the till's £70 contents.’
- ‘Jack spotted a small steak knife protruding a few centimeters outward on one of the kitchen cabinets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.