One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The broken glass symbolises the broken faith, broken trust and shattered justice, our axe symbolises the steadfastness of our determination.’
- ‘In a tribute, Lord Eden referred to Sir Julian's steadfastness, perseverance and loyalty as a constituency MP and parliamentarian, as well as his fearlessness in putting forward his own beliefs.’
- ‘He was later canonised by the church, and became the symbol of manhood, strong will, and steadfastness in the face of ordeal.’
- ‘Indeed, he boasts tirelessly of his resolve and steadfastness, making a virtue of rigidity.’
- ‘His display of passion and intent, his steadfastness not swayed by a biscuit, soothes my own restless soul.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.