One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A prescribed declaration, made under statutory authority, which may in certain cases be substituted for a statement on oath.
- ‘Where the proceeds are more than that, they will usually require a statutory declaration, countersigned by a JP or solicitor.’
- ‘In the absence of a marriage certificate a statutory declaration relating to the marriage was sought.’
- ‘Currently, if someone dies, a close relative such as a child or parent can go to a solicitor and get a statutory declaration confirming their relationship with the deceased.’
- ‘I have been unable to buy medicine, confirmed by the statutory declaration I have filed with the Court.’
- ‘As is customary we signed a statutory declaration and paid for the insurance policy against problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.