One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dangerous condition in which epileptic fits follow one another without recovery of consciousness between them.
- ‘Management of status epilepticus must occur rapidly and in a coordinated fashion.’
- ‘Abrupt discontinuation of antiepileptic medication can lead to status epilepticus.’
- ‘It has been postulated that mesial temporal sclerosis may be related to a complicated delivery, febrile convulsions during childhood, and status epilepticus.’
- ‘The first symptom of the disease in the majority of the patients was development of seizures, and 20% presented with status epilepticus.’
- ‘In most cases of alcohol withdrawal seizures, adding anticonvulsants to benzodiazepines is unnecessary, unless the patient develops status epilepticus.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.