Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A horizontal bar, usually at the bottom of the screen or window, showing information about a document being edited or a program running.
- ‘The user is informed about this in the status bar for 2,000 milliseconds.’
- ‘I hate setting up new computers because you're a prisoner of the almighty status bar.’
- ‘These were usually put in your status bar along the bottom edge of your browser window.’
- ‘First, it scans for license information pertaining to the current web page and places relevant icons on the status bar.’
- ‘The status bar gives users a lot of information and precise measurements of objects and tools.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.