One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A severe condition in which asthma attacks follow one another without pause.
- ‘We report five cases of status asthmaticus (four requiring mechanical ventilation) that were triggered by inhaled heroin and review the pertinent literature.’
- ‘Treatment with aminophylline has been shown to improve oxygenation and reduce the incidence of intubation in children with severe status asthmaticus.’
- ‘Leading causes of nontraumatic, noncardiac sports death are exertional hyperthermia, followed by exertional rhabdomyolysis and status asthmaticus.’
- ‘Magnesium sulfate has been used for more than 50 years to treat status asthmaticus and severe acute asthma without specific guidelines.’
- ‘Mechanical ventilation for status asthmaticus in children over 2 years of age was infrequent.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.