One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Charlotte's sanctuary is described as ‘an ancient rotunda, pillared and statued, niched and roofed, densely overarched,’ a perfect replica of Maggie's mental image.’
- ‘There, on the empty fields stood the statued goddess.’
- ‘Here the image is of a literal place, a location at Fawns: ‘an ancient rotunda, pillared and statued, nicked and roofed’, surrounded by ‘alleys… densely overarched with the climbing rose’.’
- ‘A constant stream of people waited patiently to photograph themselves in front of the statued entrance to the arena where Jesse Owens won four gold medals in 1936 under the baleful gaze of the Führer.’
- ‘Within its statued, frescoed interior, guards call ‘No flash!’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.