One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for standing wave
- ‘The conditions giving rise to different types of flow are examined; in particular, the conditions causing stationary waves in the downstream area.’
- ‘He also studied a stationary wave in a rectangular canal.’
- ‘The stationary wave of Activator concentration is very similar to modes of vibration on a guitar string: only certain wavelengths can fit.’
- ‘In Colorado Springs, Colo., where he stayed from May 1899 until early 1900, Tesla made what he regarded as his most important discovery - terrestrial stationary waves.’
- ‘On varying the width, one can observe in detail the transformation of the stationary waves confined between the steps of atomic height in waves of electrons that move freely.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.