Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for standing wave
- ‘The conditions giving rise to different types of flow are examined; in particular, the conditions causing stationary waves in the downstream area.’
- ‘He also studied a stationary wave in a rectangular canal.’
- ‘On varying the width, one can observe in detail the transformation of the stationary waves confined between the steps of atomic height in waves of electrons that move freely.’
- ‘In Colorado Springs, Colo., where he stayed from May 1899 until early 1900, Tesla made what he regarded as his most important discovery - terrestrial stationary waves.’
- ‘The stationary wave of Activator concentration is very similar to modes of vibration on a guitar string: only certain wavelengths can fit.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.