One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A point on a curve where the gradient is zero.
- ‘The Einstein equation can be derived as the solution to Euler-Lagrange equations that represent the stationary point, or extremum, of the action.’
- ‘Bands will be required to perform on the move but will be judged at a stationary point along the route.’
- ‘Frequency analyses were performed at each stationary point on the potential energy surface.’
- ‘An important postulate concerning stationary points that we adopt in smooth infinitesimal analysis is the Constancy Principle.’
- ‘This is a consequence of the symmetry of the model in the two components; in fact is a stationary point on the likelihood surface.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.