One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A point on a curve where the gradient is zero.
- ‘Frequency analyses were performed at each stationary point on the potential energy surface.’
- ‘Bands will be required to perform on the move but will be judged at a stationary point along the route.’
- ‘The Einstein equation can be derived as the solution to Euler-Lagrange equations that represent the stationary point, or extremum, of the action.’
- ‘This is a consequence of the symmetry of the model in the two components; in fact is a stationary point on the likelihood surface.’
- ‘An important postulate concerning stationary points that we adopt in smooth infinitesimal analysis is the Constancy Principle.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.