One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The time in the Senate has made her more statesmanlike; on the other hand, her speech is fairly empty, touching on old, trusted but overworn notes.’
- ‘But Sistani has so far played a statesmanlike game.’
- ‘He was well-briefed and spoke articulately about Scotland's qualities, although his public speaking set-pieces still lack a statesmanlike stamp.’
- ‘This disdain for legality - well concealed behind statesmanlike rhetoric - corresponds directly with a second vice: not telling the public the truth.’
- ‘There were moments, especially in his last few statements, where he sounded statesmanlike and like a guy who wanted to be a ‘uniter, not a divider.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.