One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The status of being a recognized independent nation.‘their aspirations for independent statehood have been consistently frustrated’
- ‘Ukrainian peasants turned inwards as centralized power broke down, yet their identification with the Ukrainian nation was strengthened as a result of independent statehood.’
- ‘Is nationality or statehood a more profound contemporary concept than tradition?’
- ‘Western Province leaders have given the Solomons Island government one year to recognise their statehood, or they will declare independence.’
- ‘The struggle to achieve statehood for a given nation was the driving force behind nineteenth-century nationalism.’
- ‘Issues of national identity and statehood shaped attitudes to common defence.’
- ‘The notions of statehood, community and national allegiances are all held up for examination, and he is especially scathing about the development of the British Empire.’
- ‘When World War I and the Russian revolution shattered the Habsburg and Russian empires, Ukrainians declared independent statehood.’
- ‘In fact, the labour movement was the major driving force in the struggle for statehood and independence.’
- ‘Their aspirations for independent statehood has been consistently frustrated since the days of the Ottoman Empire.’
- ‘The film is narrated against the backdrop of the tribal movement in the Jharkhand region in the 1980s demanding an identity for the community and claiming statehood of their own.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.