One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Clearly expressed or identified; specified.‘the stated aim of the programme’‘do not exceed the stated dose’
- ‘Since then she has heard nothing despite the PCT's stated concern about the shortage of midwives.’
- ‘The open state was of long duration, and lasted for hours under the stated conditions.’
- ‘Part three focuses on an analysis of stated policy issues within the public sector.’
- ‘Waters agreed not to enter the Acres estate except for specific visits to two stated addresses.’
- ‘In the context of the stated question, a perfection would mean that the mother may be able to save the boy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.