Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A vector in a space whose dimensions correspond to all the independent wave functions of a system, the instantaneous value of the vector conveying all possible information about the state of the system at that instant.
- ‘Doing so in one order multiplies the state vector by 1 and then by 2, while reversing the order of the observations simply reverses the order in which the s multiplies the state vector.’
- ‘Each processing epoch began with each element transmitting its state vector and covariance matrix to the others.’
- ‘Although I stated that Markov processes only depend on the current state, one can extend the paradigm to include one or more previous states by extending the state vector.’
- ‘This completes the determination of the state vector [M Cs, M Cv, M Ce] from the measured values, a procedure that does not require the measured total-N.’
- ‘He then turns to the issue of the collapse of the state vector in quantum mechanics.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.