One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘These scientists evidently did not realize how much of our knowledge of proper game behavior precedes the learning of the statable constraints of a particular sport.’
- ‘It is taken for granted that all respectable reasoning can be formalised, and that any sense of reasonableness which cannot be articulated into definite and statable reasons in standard form is untrustworthy and suspect.’
- ‘This is too glaring a non sequitur for it ever to be statable as such.’
- ‘Knowledge about cognition refers to stable and statable information about one's own or someone else's cognitive processes.’
- ‘Horwich recognizes that if he used substitutional quantifiers, his theory would be finitely statable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.