One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It is taken for granted that all respectable reasoning can be formalised, and that any sense of reasonableness which cannot be articulated into definite and statable reasons in standard form is untrustworthy and suspect.’
- ‘These scientists evidently did not realize how much of our knowledge of proper game behavior precedes the learning of the statable constraints of a particular sport.’
- ‘This is too glaring a non sequitur for it ever to be statable as such.’
- ‘Horwich recognizes that if he used substitutional quantifiers, his theory would be finitely statable.’
- ‘Knowledge about cognition refers to stable and statable information about one's own or someone else's cognitive processes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.