One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Any of a number of plants with starlike flowers or leaves.
Stellaria (family Caryophyllaceae), Callitriche (family Callitrichaceae), and other genera: several species, including the greater stitchwort
- ‘Young leaves of common starwort are edible, raw or cooked as a potherb.’
- ‘The mountain starwort is a small, slender, rather delicate perennial that is usually less than eighteen inches in height.’
- ‘Fully aquatic vascular plants, such as starworts, colonize shallow water, and mosses and algae extend into deep water.’
- ‘River water-crowfoot, water starworts, water cress and lesser and greater pond sedge.’
- ‘When it grows on mud in low-water conditions, the leaves of water starwort are oblong.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.