One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Limit or reduce government expenditure by cutting taxes.‘conservatives like to say their strategy of tax cuts all the time is designed to starve the beast’
- ‘Most of our politicians cannot discipline themselves to spend other peoples' money wisely. Starve the beast!’
- ‘A real strategy of starving the beast is not politically feasible in today's world or anytime soon.’
- ‘This is the kind of stuff that happens in the real world when "starve the beast" becomes the mantra of a powerful claque.’
- ‘In the next breath, sounding like a "starve the beast" conservative, she said she hoped the price of oil, the principal variable of state revenue, would not rise too much.’
- ‘The other big piece of that strategy is the use of tax cuts to 'starve the beast.'’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.