One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Suffering or death caused by lack of food.‘thousands died of starvation’
extreme hunger, lack of food, famine, want, undernourishment, malnourishment, fastingView synonyms
- ‘The government was the chief agency that offered work for the poor and saved them from starvation.’
- ‘Most of them died of starvation, disease or brutality at the hands of the prison authorities.’
- ‘We are pretty sure that hundreds of thousands of people died of starvation during those years.’
- ‘Their remaining options were sleeping on the streets, prostitution, crime and starvation.’
- ‘Dundee specialised in garrotting and Aberdeen used starvation - it was cheaper.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.