One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Make a new beginning.‘could you face going back to school and starting over?’
- ‘Their house obliterated by fire, the Inglehart family of Glenwood Springs now struggles with the stresses of loss and starting over.’
- ‘I'm not sure that you will get much support for replacing our system and starting over, but it could definitely use some adjustments.’
- ‘This is a grand step forward for us, it's almost like we are starting over.’
- ‘After two and half years, and just before the big trial, they were pulling the lead attorney from the case and starting over with someone new.’
- ‘Reinstalling the operating system is a fate worse than a root canal… it basically means wiping the hard drive clean and starting over.’
- ‘A failed referendum means the arduous process starts over.’
- ‘Imagine reading 20 pages of a book and then starting over at the beginning.’
- ‘This produced such an uproar that the initial selection process had to be scrapped and started over from the beginning.’
- ‘Other Katrina evacuees have travelled hundreds of miles in search of a new life, But Hardy Jackson is starting over right here in Atlanta.’
- ‘We understand that desire, but, well, he knows and we know, starting over isn't an option, we've got to see it to the end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.