One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Begin to criticize someone.‘she started on about my not having proper furniture’
- ‘Finishing his glass of water he simply starts on mine.’
- ‘Yeah, okay he didn't win as many matches as he would have wanted to, but he has set up a very good platform for the nest manager to start on.’
- ‘The girls waited for the prince to begin eating his own food before they started on their own, which was custom.’
- ‘This next one seems to have plenty to keep me occupied, so I'd better go off and begin drafting the review before starting on the next one.’
- ‘Paula is watching him and starts on another train of thought.’
- ‘The second someone starts on that line I know it's a lie.’
- ‘Armed with soap suds, sponge, and rags, he starts on the task ahead.’
- ‘There I have been lucky and it was easy for me to manage the gap on Sunday morning and I started on pole.’
- ‘It's time I started on another piece, except I still haven't managed to find one.’
- ‘I now have a wheelchair and a pair of crutches and I will soon be starting on a new course of medicine to try and deal with the various medical problems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.