One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Abandon what one is doing and make a new beginning.‘while I was writing this essay my computer froze and I had to start again’
- ‘To present ourselves to the universe in as pure a state as when we came in, and start again with a clean slate.’
- ‘He should give all asylum-seekers currently here the right to remain, and start again.’
- ‘Shields finally will get his chance to start again next fall with the Ducks.’
- ‘The weekly jazz nights will start again in February next year.’
- ‘Simply read, its message is that time and tide must be allowed to wipe the slate clean, so everyone can start again.’
- ‘Kevin guessed his family didn't know she had started again.’
- ‘I spent an age going over and over the same pieces, erasing the files and starting again.’
- ‘The only way to regain full speed is to stop and start again.’
- ‘But there's bad news too, as local supporters have to start again down in the fourth division.’
- ‘Now I can sweep the whole episode under the carpet and start again.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.