One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Abandon what one is doing and make a new beginning.‘while I was writing this essay my computer froze and I had to start again’
- ‘I spent an age going over and over the same pieces, erasing the files and starting again.’
- ‘Now I can sweep the whole episode under the carpet and start again.’
- ‘Kevin guessed his family didn't know she had started again.’
- ‘The only way to regain full speed is to stop and start again.’
- ‘He should give all asylum-seekers currently here the right to remain, and start again.’
- ‘Shields finally will get his chance to start again next fall with the Ducks.’
- ‘To present ourselves to the universe in as pure a state as when we came in, and start again with a clean slate.’
- ‘Simply read, its message is that time and tide must be allowed to wipe the slate clean, so everyone can start again.’
- ‘The weekly jazz nights will start again in February next year.’
- ‘But there's bad news too, as local supporters have to start again down in the fourth division.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.