One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Raise a topic of conversation.
- ‘I was just joking… didn't want to start a hare!’
- ‘On the noble Lord's latter point, I do not want to start a hare running, but for years and years lead in paint was thought to be appropriate.’
- ‘Having started a hare running about possible advertising on the ABC, then denied it, the Communications Minister Helen Coonan has now restructured the ABC board.’
- ‘It is annoying though, for the bank to produce these bonds decades after the event and start a hare running.’
- ‘Meanwhile, he has handed Mr Hague an advantage by appearing to start a hare running only to shoot it down as soon as it appeared to be getting somewhere.’
- ‘I have started a hare so to speak by seeking here in UK for names of possible settlers - as yet unknown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.