One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Raise a topic of conversation.
- ‘I was just joking… didn't want to start a hare!’
- ‘Having started a hare running about possible advertising on the ABC, then denied it, the Communications Minister Helen Coonan has now restructured the ABC board.’
- ‘It is annoying though, for the bank to produce these bonds decades after the event and start a hare running.’
- ‘On the noble Lord's latter point, I do not want to start a hare running, but for years and years lead in paint was thought to be appropriate.’
- ‘I have started a hare so to speak by seeking here in UK for names of possible settlers - as yet unknown.’
- ‘Meanwhile, he has handed Mr Hague an advantage by appearing to start a hare running only to shoot it down as soon as it appeared to be getting somewhere.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.