Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A film which provides a starring role for a particular actor or actress:‘the Julia Roberts starrer seized pole position in Italy’
- ‘The line-up isn't the same every night - the features, for example, include Danish award-winner Reconstruction and the Las Vegas-set William H Macy starrer The Cooler.’
- ‘Ironically, his first film ‘Virumbugiren’, the Prashanth-Sneha starrer, is still awaiting release!’
- ‘The Mammootty starrer, ‘Valyettan’, was the last movie in which Shobhana starred.’
- ‘However, one Brian Bosworth starrer tops them all.’
- ‘The 2001 Ben Affleck starrer Pearl Harbor had certain changes for Japanese versions.’
- ‘ThinkFilm picked up the Sean Penn / Naomi Watts starrer, The Assassination of Richard Nixon, just before it plays the Toronto Film Festival.’
- ‘The only two other legitimate nine-figure possibilities are Penny Marshall's Drew Barrymore starrer Riding in Cars with Boys in October and Ali in December.’
- ‘This Anthony Hopkins starrer depicts the life of a New Zealander who sets a world record while chasing his dream.’
- ‘The latest to hit town will be the stage adaptation of Scream, the Drew Barrymore starrer.’
- ‘Syriana shot there, as did Mimi Leder's Catherine Zeta-Jones starrer, Smoke & Mirrors.’
- ‘The Opening film was a Robert Redford, George Freeman, Jennifer Lopez starrer, An Unfinished Life by Lasse Hallstrom.’
- ‘And the Kevin Kline starrer about Cole Porter is sure to do a roaring $9.3 million at the domestic box office.’
- ‘His first film as a director was the Rosario Dawson starrer Chelsea Walls in 2001.’
- ‘The Dimple-Kapadia starrer might give you some of the Dil Chahta Hai experience.’
- ‘Yash Raj insists it will not release its Aamir Khan-Kajol starrer at multiplexes, unless the Association meets their demands.’
- ‘Then, she made news as the heroine of ‘Citizen’, shooting for the Ajith starrer for a day.’
- ‘Multiplexes seem to be reaching a compromise over the screening of the Aamir starrer Fanaa.’
- ‘The first film screened using this digital cinema system was the Suyra starrer, Perazhagan, which was followed by Kaadal.’
- ‘Finally after three years a settlement has been reached by the two parties as Priyan's Dileep starrer Vettam is getting ready for release.’
- ‘Other audience favourites were UK horror picture, The Last Horror Movie, Christina Ricci starrer, Miranda, and French film, Malefique.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.