One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The soil was pitch black and the moon was a crimson red against a starless, dark blue night sky.’
- ‘The sky was still dark and starless, covered in cloud.’
- ‘In the dark, starless air, every sound seems muffled: the falling rain, the stirring of the waking crew, the whisper of the surf.’
- ‘Larry Gelbart's freewheeling Sly Fox seems starless without George C. Scott, but Barbara Cook's concert provides all the charisma one needs.’
- ‘That, as much as anything, explains why the movie is essentially starless, with its cast drawn mostly from television or from film supporting roles.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.