One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Completely crazy.‘for heaven's sake Bruce, have you gone stark raving mad?’
completely, totally, utterly, absolutely, downright, dead, entirely, wholly, fully, quite, altogether, simply, thoroughly, trulyView synonyms
- ‘Meanwhile, Lawrence O'Donnell - in the true spirit of Kerry supporters everywhere - has gone stark raving mad.’
- ‘The government appears to have gone stark raving mad.’
- ‘Assuming, if you will, that I'm not stark raving mad, there clearly has been some sort of change in the way these sorts of comics are written and drawn.’
- ‘Sometimes I look at something, and suddenly I'm more convinced than ever that the world has gone absolutely stark raving mad.’
- ‘If I don't see Julia soon, I'll go stark staring mad.’
- ‘They drove the Dutch stark staring mad over tulips.’
- ‘The world of advertising has gone stark staring mad.’
- ‘I swear if I had to stay home every day that I would go stark raving mad.’
- ‘‘The fertility drugs made me feel as if I were stark raving mad,’ Christine remembers.’
- ‘If you lived next to some of these sites you would go stark staring mad.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.