One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A sensitivity to being stared at does not necessarily imply an awareness of the position of the starer.’
- ‘The stare-down occurs if the said starer just feels the other girl is prettier.’
- ‘Except that most of the starers are blokes, obviously.’
- ‘Sheldrake suggests that the two starers may have differed in their beliefs concerning the ability to detect unseen staring.’
- ‘Johansson loves the fact that she's now someone others stare at because she's a self-confessed starer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.