One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sheldrake suggests that the two starers may have differed in their beliefs concerning the ability to detect unseen staring.’
- ‘Except that most of the starers are blokes, obviously.’
- ‘Johansson loves the fact that she's now someone others stare at because she's a self-confessed starer.’
- ‘The stare-down occurs if the said starer just feels the other girl is prettier.’
- ‘A sensitivity to being stared at does not necessarily imply an awareness of the position of the starer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.