One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of food) containing less than the normal proportion of starch.‘a starch-reduced crispbread’
- ‘We have researched and developed an application of starch-reduced technique in plastics.’
- ‘We now know that a pound of starch-reduced slimming biscuits contains three-and-a-half times as much carbohydrate as a pound of boiled potatoes.’
- ‘Popular products included Energen starch-reduced crispbread, Limmits (biscuits and crackers), Primula Slimbread, and Nimble.’
- ‘A 1960 ad for Procera bread touts its starch-reduced, protein-enriched qualities, in a rather eerie echo of today's enthusiasm for low-carb products.’
- ‘The bakery introduced ‘bagged’ bread and also a ‘revolutionary starch-reduced ‘Top Diet’ loaf for the calorie conscious’.’
- ‘One of the biggest obstacles to using sugar- and starch-reduced treatment in cancer patients in the past has been that it was generally believed that the brain couldn't function properly without glucose.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.