One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of food) containing less than the normal proportion of starch.‘a starch-reduced crispbread’
- ‘We now know that a pound of starch-reduced slimming biscuits contains three-and-a-half times as much carbohydrate as a pound of boiled potatoes.’
- ‘We have researched and developed an application of starch-reduced technique in plastics.’
- ‘A 1960 ad for Procera bread touts its starch-reduced, protein-enriched qualities, in a rather eerie echo of today's enthusiasm for low-carb products.’
- ‘One of the biggest obstacles to using sugar- and starch-reduced treatment in cancer patients in the past has been that it was generally believed that the brain couldn't function properly without glucose.’
- ‘The bakery introduced ‘bagged’ bread and also a ‘revolutionary starch-reduced ‘Top Diet’ loaf for the calorie conscious’.’
- ‘Popular products included Energen starch-reduced crispbread, Limmits (biscuits and crackers), Primula Slimbread, and Nimble.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.