One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant of the lily family with star-shaped flowers which typically have green stripes on the outer surface, found in temperate regions of the Old World.
- ‘Helen goes looking for the elusive Yellow Star of Bethlehem and the strange Toothwort.’
- ‘My father used to grow them in his gardens, along with oleander and star of Bethlehem.’
- ‘Nodding Star of Bethlehem (O. nutans) is equally lovely when used for naturalizing.’
- ‘Bach Rescue Remedy combines star of Bethlehem, rock rose, impatiens, cherry plum and clematis flower essences.’
- ‘The same is true for the common Star of Bethlehem (Ornithogalum umbellatum).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.