One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A legal body for the regulation of tin miners in the stannaries.
- ‘The Duke may rule on matters, but rulings by the stannary courts were independent to any powers held at Westminster.’
- ‘Chagford was made a Stannary town in 1305, and had a stannary court for regulating tin mining operations.’
- ‘It is to the tinners and their stannary courts that responsibility for this harsh justice lies.’
- ‘It housed the Town Hall, magistrates and stannary courts, police offices and cells and the fire brigade.’
- ‘It is noted that stannary courts were abolished under the Stannaries Court Act 1896.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.