One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A poodle of a medium-sized breed.‘the two-year-old standard poodle was judged best-in-show’
- ‘Today Gerry's first patient is a standard poodle with arthritis.’
- ‘She has shown, bred and trained standard poodles for 25 years.’
- ‘I also own a standard Poodle and I'm currently training her in obedience.’
- ‘Standard poodles are especially noted for their intelligence and obedience, earning them high marks as family dogs among many top trainers.’
- ‘The 72 -pound standard poodle issues not a bark, not a whimper.’
- ‘By lunchtime I just want to take the standard poodles for a quick walk to the parklands.’
- ‘The breeder says that her standard poodle is happy indoors but will take a good amount of exercise if given the opportunity.’
- ‘Healthy standard poodles have a lifespan of 10 to 13 years; miniatures and toys may live to the age of 15.’
- ‘His mother was a black standard poodle and his father a chocolate-coloured labrador.’
- ‘Curls are what causes matting, and a standard poodle's fur has a natural tendency to curl up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.