One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A camera lens with a focal length approximately equal to the diagonal of the negative (taken as 50 mm for a 35 mm camera), giving a field of view similar to that of the naked eye.
- ‘Use a wide angle or even standard lens and point the camera at the sky where the firework star-bursts explode in the sky.’
- ‘It does not come with a standard lens but is compatible with all Canon EOS system lenses and accessories.’
- ‘At that time most of the other still photographers covering the Western Desert preferred standard lenses.’
- ‘It is difficult enough to hold a camera steady at 1 / 60th of a second with a standard lens.’
- ‘I'm sure they are slightly, yet measurably better than standard lenses, but not perfect.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.