A lamp with a tall stem whose base stands on the floor.
lamp, torch, flashlightView synonyms
- ‘Here in Las Vegas the stage is dressed like a living room with couches and standard lamps.’
- ‘A desk lamp, standard lamp or light from a window can be used to effectively light a scene.’
- ‘Elizabeth and Agatha sat together in the living room in the cosy pool of light shed by the standard lamp.’
- ‘The standard lamp is off, and everyone is sat there - silent and still like dummies in the window of a shut shop.’
- ‘After a few minutes, she flipped on the standard lamp beside her.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.