Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A quantity expressing by how much the members of a group differ from the mean value for the group.
- ‘All costs are reported as mean values with standard deviations.’
- ‘Mean values and standard deviations were calculated for all variables.’
- ‘If no standard deviations were reported then we used the average standard deviation for all the remaining studies.’
- ‘Each value is the mean standard deviation of at least four independent measurements.’
- ‘Average values and standard deviations were then calculated for each of the compounds in the experiment.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.