One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A quantity expressing by how much the members of a group differ from the mean value for the group.
- ‘All costs are reported as mean values with standard deviations.’
- ‘Mean values and standard deviations were calculated for all variables.’
- ‘If no standard deviations were reported then we used the average standard deviation for all the remaining studies.’
- ‘Each value is the mean standard deviation of at least four independent measurements.’
- ‘Average values and standard deviations were then calculated for each of the compounds in the experiment.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.