One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Other children sometimes mis-interpret your little Virgo's shyness as diffidence or stand-offishness.’
- ‘There was little evidence of the usual huffiness and stand-offishness we are normally greeted with.’
- ‘Typical Edinburgh stand-offishness is being blamed for its failure.’
- ‘It's not quite as interesting, because neither seems particularly comfortable with the commentary track format, especially Snipes, who is laid back to the point of stand-offishness.’
- ‘He has not always been popular with his teammates and he has alienated the media by his stand-offishness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.