One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘I asked if I could be upgraded and was stand-offishly told no.’
- ‘I behave pretty stand-offishly, and consequently nobody but you makes much of an effort to talk to me.’
- ‘The player was stand-offishly cold and uncooperative with the media for the two weeks prior.’
- ‘Expecting to be greeted a bit stand-offishly by the locals, I was surprised to be received in the opposite manner.’
- ‘I tend not to acknowledge them, or at most nod stand-offishly and not smile.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.