One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An overzealous or obsessive fan of a particular celebrity.‘he has millions of stans who are obsessed with him and call him a rap god’
- ‘The charging infrastructure isn't widespread enough to justify long-distance travel yet, so it's not an even trade unless you're a Tesla stan.’
- ‘I'm an Outkast stan, so pretty much anything and everything they've done makes me happy.’
- ‘I swear I've been a stan of hers since I was five.’
- ‘I'm not a stan, but she looks fine to me.’
- ‘What's with celeb stans getting so wild?’
Be an overzealous or obsessive fan of a particular celebrity.‘y'all know I stan for Katy Perry, so I was excited to see the artwork for her upcoming album’
- ‘I have stanned for Korean pop groups for the longest time, sadly without much success.’
- ‘I admit I used to stan for Mariah when I was eight.’
- ‘I don't care what anyone says, that performance proves why I have stanned for this man since 1998.’
- ‘I can't believe this woman has people stanning for her.’
- ‘He's the only gay man not stanning for Beyonce.’
Early 21st century: probably with allusion to the 2000 song “Stan” by the American rapper Eminem, about an obsessed fan.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.