One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small piece of gummed transparent paper used for fixing postage stamps in an album.
- ‘These mounts costs more than the stamp hinges and are usually used to hold the more expensive kinds of stamps.’
- ‘Still very popular the traditional stamp hinge should only be affixed to used stamps.’
- ‘Mounts are plastic sleeves into which stamps are inserted, and in comparison to stamp hinges they are quite expensive.’
- ‘Subway has everything a stamp collector might need from stamp hinges to the highest quality deluxe hingeless albums.’
- ‘A satisfactory set of all four items, including a generous package of suitable stamp hinges, may be pur-chased from any stamp dealer or any place where stamps are sold for about one dollar.’
- ‘Good stamp hinges are peelable when completely dry and they are made of acid-free paper.’
- ‘Anytime a stamp hinge has to be removed from a stamp, the collector must proceed with great care.’
- ‘Can you still buy stamp hinges and do people still use them?’
- ‘You may want to use stamp hinges, small adhesive corners to use to apply your stamps into catalogs or albums.’
- ‘Now, the only way to attach a stamp to an album page is with a stamp hinge or a stamp mount.’
- ‘The stamp hinge, a product used by most stamp collectors, was tested with very interesting results.’
- ‘Use stamp hinges only on used stamps, or stamps that have already been mounted this way in an album before.’
- ‘The lowly stamp hinge should really be enshrined in every stamp club the world over, for it is likely that philately would never have amounted to much without it.’
- ‘Means such as a stamp hinge can be employed to detachably secure the rear surface of the selected stamp to this region on the rear surface of the card.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.