One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A self-help group for stammerers was today being launched in York and Scarborough to coincide with International Stammering Awareness Day.’
- ‘Like many stammerers, Anthony would walk up to the bar and ask for a drink he didn't want, just because the name tripped off his tongue slightly more easily than that of his choice.’
- ‘Music was a vital escape route for Stephen, but recently, a new ground-breaking programme has been helping stammerers like Stephen worldwide.’
- ‘Stammering is predominantly a ‘male’ condition (80% of all stammerers are male) and it usually affects the first-born male child.’
- ‘At an open day promoting the McGuire Programme, which helps stammerers fight the speech condition, the former Bradford Cathedral chorister from East Bowling revealed he now delighted in giving media interviews and loved speaking.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.