One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's all there: Judas's betrayal, the disciples' cowardice, the stalwartness of the women, the scorn of the people, the indictment at the Sanhedrin, the spinelessness of Pilate, and the brutality of the Romans.’
- ‘We will be calling to mind his courage, his stalwartness.’
- ‘I would also like to thank Ramesh for his stalwartness and persistence in replying to Sullivan.’
- ‘His stalwartness under barely imaginable conditions of pain and terror one can only look on with awe.’
- ‘Mars in Leo and Venus in Virgo have very definite ideas and opinions, which added to your own Tauran stalwartness could conceivably tip this week's flexibility levels towards uncomfortable.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.