One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Very slowly, Ranmotanii stretched out both arms, showing his stalk-like hands to the chief.’
- ‘These are the male part of the flower consisting of pollen-bearing anthers at the end of stalk-like filaments.’
- ‘The fleshy, stalk-like pectoral and pelvic fins and similar fleshy second dorsal and anal fins are also unlike any other marine fishes.’
- ‘At its end, the tip had a kind of stalk-like thumb, with four longer, softer finger-stalks branching out along its base.’
- ‘Small clusters of stalk-like asparagus spears protrude from the top of long ridges of slightly raised earth.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.