One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This team has performed well in the last two years, but maybe there's a bit of staleness.’
- ‘Even if you toast stale bread in an attempt to disguise the staleness, it's still stale.’
- ‘Finding new enthusiasm and challenges, which can prevent feelings of burnout or staleness, is another reason to travel.’
- ‘All good things must come to an end, and when you've been doing a column as long as that there is always the danger of staleness, lack of new ideas, or sort of repeating successful formulas while on autopilot.’
- ‘Burning herbs and spices still has a place in the home: not to mask staleness and bad odours as they did in those dank houses of the past, but to perfume the air with an enjoyable sweetness.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.