One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘It's a stalely directed tear-jerker with bad music choices, but if you're going to watch one, it's one of the better ones.’
- ‘By 1961 three of his songs - ‘Crazy,’ sung definitively by Patsy Cline, ‘Hello Walls,’ sung stalely by Faron Young, and ‘Funny How Time Slips Away’ sung adequately by Billy Walker - were such big hits that they crossed over to the pop charts, an almost unheard-of phenomenon at the time.’
- ‘Despite the trattoria's views of the Tiber and its thoroughly Roman menu, every dish seemed stalely reheated and bland.’
- ‘An interesting piece, all in all, even if it is stalely predictable.’
- ‘Dawson's prose is as sharp as always, and the interaction between the main character and his pupils is expressed precisely (though not stalely) through dynamic dialogue.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.